The Mom Life Co. finishes every necklace with a thin layer of protective coating but raw brass is designed to patina over time. This is perfectly normal and following these simple brass jewelry care rules will help keep your necklace in tip-top shape over time:
- Keep it dry!
- Raw brass tarnishes quickly when introduced to water. So while you may always keep your rings on to shower, you'll want to take your custom Mom Life Co. necklace off first.
- What about perfumes, lotions, oils and/or sweat?
- You'll want to add your necklace as the last step in your getting ready routine, to avoid product grease or buildup. We also love that our chunky brass bars are naturally heavy, so you may want to remove or tuck it in while working out.
- Not wearing your necklace?
- Simply store it in a clean and dry place. The pouch that it came in or hanging on a jewelry stand are both great options but sitting on the humid bathroom counter near the sink is not!
We chose chunky raw brass for every Mom Life Co. necklace because it’s bold, beautiful, and stands the test of time! Instead of “turning” or losing it’s luster, raw brass patinas and develops a new shine as it ages. When you do start to notice a little patina, you can always bring your necklace back to life by:
- Wiping with a cloth:
- For when your piece just needs a little love. This wipes away everyday build-up, and restores a little life back to your jewelry. Always store in a cool, dry place.
- Buffing with a jewelry polishing cloth:
- This will remove any tarnish, and you'll have a nice shine afterwards. Always choose a jewelry polishing cloth over a harsh jewelry cleanser. A small piece goes a long way and you can keep using it over and over!
- Gently scrubbing with all natural household ingredients:
- For when you haven't cleaned it in a while and you notice any super dark tarnish forming. Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda with a few drops of lemon juice until you have a good paste. Apply the paste to your piece with an old toothbrush and scrub. Let it sit for up to 15 minutes, rinse with water and dry thoroughly.