Life with the Lollipop Baby Monitor
Today's post casts a spotlight on the Lollipop Baby Monitor and begins with a question! How many of you have spent hours researching the best baby camera for your home? I know I did and I've always felt like I settled for the product that checked "most" but "not all" of our required boxes. When we moved Arya into her own room for sleeping, I knew that I wanted to find a WiFi based model with complete flexibility to grow with her as she became a toddler. At the time, our best option was a Nest Cam. We've liked it so far, but these days the new Lollipop offers the same smart technology but with some amazing added features (more on those in a bit). So amazing that we've officially made the switch, so read on for a full review of our Lollipop Baby Monitor!First up, we'll focus on design! The Lollipop is playful and the packaging is cute of course, but the design functionality is even sweeter than its name. It's made from soft silicone, comes in three pastel colors and the bendy tail allows for placement anywhere. ANYWHERE. Lollipop includes easy install pieces to use as a crib attachment, wall mount, or table top stand. In order for us to have a good range of view in Arya's room, our current camera is high in the corner (which makes it a pain to manage and hiding the cord is an eye sore). With the Lollipop, I was actually able to incorporate it into Arya's room decor by using the included wall mount and wire covers. And we get even more room coverage - 125º to be exact! We can keep any eye on Arya while she's in bed, playing off to the side in her kitchen, or sitting at her table and chairs reading a book - all while the Lollipop looks like wall decor! The second feature that sets it apart is that Lollipop Baby Monitor can truly detect crying with low false alarm! What does that mean? The unique technology can distinguish between crying and just general noise. This would have been CLUTCH during the newborn phase but still comes in handy now. The other day Arya was rough housing with stuffed animals and Lollipop told me that the noise was too loud in her room. A few minutes later she actually hurt herself by body slamming said stuffed animals and Lollipop told me she was crying. No more false alarm notifications!
A few other features that we only found in the Lollipop are:
- Live View Mode: Take a peek at the Lollipop live feed on your smart phone so you can check on baby from literally anywhere. We also love this for date night when Arya is at home with a sitter!
- Audio Mode: Lollipop is the only WiFi Baby Monitor with Audio Mode! Turn on the Audio Only feature and the Lollipop works like a traditional sound monitor. It’s perfect for overnight monitoring if your baby sleeps in another room, or for listening in on quiet playtime.
- Privacy Mode: Activate this setting when you’re connected to your home’s WiFi network and your camera’s data isn’t uploaded to the Lollipop cloud. For added security, just make sure your Lollipop’s firmware is up-to-date and that you encrypt your wifi password.
- No Monthly Fee: If you do decide to store your clips on the cloud, Lollipop pays the cloud service fee for you! (PSA: Nest Cam has the nerve to charge an upgrade for this!)
- Video Events: The Lollipop saves a 30-second video of significant events such as crying or environmental alerts. So if anything unusual (or just really cute) happens, you can go back and check. There's also an optional sensor that can monitor temperature, humidity and air quality.
- Remote Music Player: Built in lullabies and soothing sounds, right from the monitor! We have ours to shut off 30 minutes after bedtime and it's perfect.
Final verdict? I am SO happy to have the Lollipop Baby Monitor! With crisp daytime images and super clear nighttime vision, it solves all the complaints I had about our first wifi baby camera. We have yet to experience an app crash, it was so easy to install and an obvious choice if you're looking for something with a small footprint. I also imagine it'll be on the top of the list for many families when selecting the best product to help give them piece of mind! Curious or have a question about the Lollipop? Feel free to send me a note - always happy to share products that deliver on their promise :)