Baby Update: Month 5
I think for the first time in Arya's 5 months, I completely understand the phrase about time flying when you're having fun! Yes, I'm still horribly sleep deprived but this month's Bloggerella Baby update is full of all the things that may seem boring and mundane to some, but are completely riveting to a new mom:
- Baby laughs: Elusive and mysterious! Try too hard, and you'll make the baby cry. Don't try hard enough, and you get stared at like an idiot. But when it finally happens, you'll feel like a comedic genius!
- Baby toys: I finally understand how people's houses end up looking like a Toys R Us explosion, and this child can't even move on her own yet! I feel the need to have back-up toys for my back-up toys, just in case her baby highness gets bored and as a result, my house/car/purse is a freaking mess most of the time.
- Baby teeth: Is she teething or is she not teething? Why is there SO much drool, though? Why does it land perfectly on my outfit, for all the world to see? Why aren't there ever enough bibs? WHY!? Doesn't matter -- just buy ALL the teething toys and say a prayer.
- Baby feet: Sweaty. Kinda smelly too. Don't care -- must kiss them on a daily basis!
- Baby diapers: When leaving the house for the day, no matter how over packed you feel, you do not have enough diapers. I don't care if you have 10, it's just not enough and your future self with thank you for turning around and packing 10 more. Just in case.
- Baby poo: Turns out, if you place the onesie formerly known as white into direct sunlight, it will no longer be that peculiar and unfortunate shade of green/yellow brown. Try it -- totally works! You're welcome.
- Baby clothes: Stop being easy to buy after month 3. Arya is currently creeping into a non-existent size that's really hard to shop for. She's blown past 6 month old sizes, so I guess we're onto 9 months? At this rate, we'll be sharing outfits in no time!
- Baby wearing: Is the best thing I have ever decided to do, and is still saving my life on a daily basis! We're rocking both the Happy Baby Wrap and the Infantino, and Arya is jazzed about being bundled up in either one! #wearallthebabies
- Baby sleep: Jury is still out. Check back in next month! zzzzzzz.....
- Baby schedules: May not work for everyone, but it's working for us and hallelujah for getting a bit of structure back into our lives. Also, we lucked out with a baby who LOVES the car. Again, hallelujah.