5 Things I Want Arya London to Know About Rob
This one's for the daddies today! Though moms, they're also a LAST CHANCE to use my Carter's 20% off coupon & enter the Carter's $100 Gift Card giveaway (details below!)...So! Arya London may be too young to recognize it now, but her daddy is a pretty cool dude. Like me, he experiences the everyday ups and downs of becoming a new parent, but he loves our little one something fierce, and I know he'll be a baby expert in no time. Watching the two of them laugh and play together gives me instant heart eyes, and I want nothing more than for them to be as thick as thieves. I can't wait for her to discover that:
- Daddy is hands down the funnier parent. It's true, and not something I take offense to in the slightest. There hasn't been a time in our relationship where Rob hasn't tried to keep me laughing, and ok maybe I'm a cheap laugh anyway, but he never fails to make me smile! No matter how hard life can get sometimes, we are always laughing. The harder life is, the harder we're laughing! Also, the baby voice he's developed for you is a mix between Sesame Street Elmo and Will Ferrel -- a masterpiece if you ask me!
- Music lights his soul on fire. Rob is a creative. Get him talking about music and if you're paying attention, you can actually see the spark in his eyes. He's passionate about it, and not just in a spectator fan type of way. No, no -- he crafts songs and melodies and beats from scratch, simply by sitting down with a laptop and a keyboard. He's self-taught, and honestly brilliant at what he does. Something tells me this trait was passed onto Arya even from inside the womb, because this little girl LOVES music too. I hope it's a passion they'll both share with one another!
- He always has my back. Sometimes even when I don't have my own back. He reminds me when I've forgotten just how bad-ass I am, and he genuinely wants everyone around him to be successful. He's a pusher, but it comes from the most genuine of places because he has a gift for seeing untapped potential and talent within others. Ask him for his help achieving something, and you're almost guaranteed to get there.
- Look up the term "morning person" -- his picture is likely there. The special quality here is that he strives to make the most out of every day he has. If there's a way to do more in less time, he's the one to ask how. When I'm too tired to function in the morning because I spent all hours of the night being a mom zombie, he's on deck and smiling with a "Good Morning Baby" as I hand you over. You'll never know gratitude until your husband takes the baby for the morning lol
- He wants a big family, and talks about your future siblings all the time. My uterus can't quite join in on the conversation just yet, but Rob has already started thinking about baby #2 and baby #3! lol I think it's because he's an only child, and always wanted lots of siblings growing up! You're the light of his life right now (and trust me, we have our hands full), but it's his way of letting you know that he has big plans for his family, and can't wait to build a life for all of us. The future vacations and holidays and birthdays and school days and random life moments -- he's looking forward to starting new traditions and you are the very first one!
Every single one of my readers gets 20% off a Carter's purchase, ENDS July 4th! And even better, one lucky Bloggerella reading mommy will win a $100 gift card to shop Carter's for their own sweet babe. Check here to locate a store near you for some holiday weekend shopping. Details below: